Thursday, August 11, 2016

Parker Eats!

As you may remember (as mentioned here and here) Parker loves to eat! I am pretty sure she was preparing to eat while I was still pregnant with her. Baby girl was literally trying to nurse the second I was able to hold her, she wasn't waiting for anyone to give me the go ahead. Nursing was a bit of a struggle for us and I think I now know why, I just couldn't keep up with her demand, but that is okay and we have moved on. At her four month well check we were give the okay to start giving her some cereal. For me this was good news because she was still eating every 3 hours with 6 ounces each time! We started her on single grain oatmeal and she has done great! The first few times of course she was a little confused but now she is pretty much a pro not letting much of anything go to waste! We've been mixing it with a small amount of fruit puree because, well it's kinda bland plain.

We've been giving her the cereal for about three weeks and while she is still eating every three hours, six ounces each time she seems to be a bit more content during the night. Next week Parker turns 5 months so I am sure we will start to venture into giving her more purees. I'm glad to just let Parker guide us on what she wants so no rushing here. We've been there done that 4 times already! I'm not sure if I will make her baby food like I did for the twins (Baby food making), but if she keeps eating (food and formula) the way she is now I may need to!

I love how different all of the girls have been when it comes to their first time eating. It really reminds me to let them each go at their own pace regarding all things in life! It may have taken me 5 kids to figure that out but hey kudos to Parker!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...