Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Vacation Recap (2016)

Well another year and another vacation is in the books, while it is a long.... I mean a long drive to New York state I love the memories that we make. This year's trip was extra special because my sister got married! We were able to see and visit with a lot of family we haven't seen a very long time. Vacations are rarely vacations they end up being busy and full of "stuff" to do. And this year was no exception! While it was busy and full I wouldn't have changed anything.

My sister's wedding was absolutely amazing, very simple and rustic. Everyone had a really great time and a lot of memories were made. My sister was able to meet Parker and we got some cute photos of Parker and my niece Paisley together. Paisley is 8 months and Parker 4 months... Parker was almost the same size as Paisley! As I've said before Parker is definitely the biggest baby we've had!


My mom!

Cutest little flower girls!


Paisley, my sister, and Kate (snapchat steal :)


The newly married couple!








 Paisley and Parker


We were able to visit with my dad, my mom, and my in-laws. It was great spending time with family we don't get to see very often.  It takes some time for the twins to warm up but when they do they really enjoy their time with family. I haven't seen my brother, sister in-law, and nephews in nearly 8 years. When my sister and I heard that the were there you would have thought we were trying to win a race to hug them all!

My mom

My Dad






My nephew!


My brother and my grandma

My brother and my sister in-law



My handsome nephews Riley and Julian







We were able to eat some of our favorite hometown foods and visit our county fair. It was great to see family and reconnect. When you go so long between visits it really makes you realize just how much you love and miss them. We have already started planning the next time we all get to see each other.




We are all very happy to be home and back into our routine. The twins continue to talk about their aunts and uncles as well as how much they love their grandpa! I'm so very happy we were able to see so much family and to spend time with everyone. A big shout out to my sister for getting married and bringing us all together!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...