Monday, February 15, 2016

Thirty Three Weeks




How Far Along - 32/33 weeks
Right now my OB and my High risk doctor are not on the same page regarding this date. The high risk doctor says due date is April 1st and my OB says due date is still April 9th. I do tend to agree with my OB based on all of my dates. However, having cholestasis means an early delivery at 37 weeks. So it is hard to not worry about if the date is off by 8 days. My OB understands my concern and has agreed to meet me and the high risk doctor half way so we are delivering at 37 weeks 4 days (based on the high risk doctor's dates) and 36 weeks 4 days (based on OB dates). We both feel comfortable with this and baby girl is doing really well and will continue to be monitored closely until the delivery date.

Total Weight Gain - 21 pounds - My weight hasn't changed much over the last few visits, at one point I actually had lost 3 pounds which is pretty funny considering this girl already weighs 5 pounds! Since I am now going to the Doctor twice a week for monitoring that means I get to also check my weight twice a week... yay me.

Maternity Clothes - No change here! And I did buy myself a new shirt the other day for  our family/maternity photos because well.. it just made sense. I am getting to the point where I need to start thinking about packing my hospital bag and this has always been a tough one for me. A lot of the things I wear at home I will want to wear at the hospital so I struggle with when do I actually stop wearing them at home and put them in the bag??? We still have four weeks until it's time to "go" but I have a feeling those four weeks are going to go by really fast!

Sleep - Since moving and getting the kids into their own rooms I've been sleeping a little bit better... a little. I gave up the body pillow and that seems to have helped some as well.. I feel like I have a bit more room to move around. The twins are in toddler beds and we have been working through getting them to sleep in their beds all night (mostly Olivia), so they have me up several times a night, in addition to the braxton hicks, and new leg cramps!

Miss anything? I'm not missing too much these days; I guess when you are this far a long in pregnancy what you once missed is kind of a memory. I know I will soon be planning my first meal of sushi after this little girl arrives!

Cravings - I'm just hungry all the time... all.the.time. Being hungry leads to a lot of cravings and also the feeling that nothing sounds good. Standing in front of the refrigerator or pantry trying to decide what to eat is really annoying especially when you feel like you could eat everything! I do however think I could eat donuts every day... this is one of those cravings that you can actually taste when you think about it or say the word... if only it was that easy!!

Symptoms - Aside from the cholestasis symptoms as well as the side effects of the medication things are pretty much the same. Braxton Hicks and real contractions are the top of my list. I am trying very hard to listen to my body right now and  know when it is time to take it easy. Weekly NSTs make me feel a bit better knowing that the "contractions" are being monitored. I've woken up a few times with major leg cramps and the other night I had to wake the hubby up to help me get rid of it!

Looking forward to- Nesting has started and I find myself wondering if I should wait, I know that we are getting close to the 37 week mark so there is no time like now to get started. Because of the cholestasis I am required to see my doctor twice a week once for an ultrasound and once for an NST. It is great to see baby girl and know that she is doing well!

In case you missed my last update I talk all about the due date changes and the cholestasis.. you can check it out here (pregnancy update).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...