Thursday, February 25, 2016

Pregnancy Update....Again

Remember that time I told you all that I moved up a whole week and one day at one doctor visit? Turns out it can go the other way too! As of February 3rd my due date was changed to April 1 by my high risk doctor with my OB on the fence. The past three weeks I have been going by the adjusted due date making me 34 weeks 5 days as of yesterday's appointment. I have been seeing my OB twice a week since February 3rd and each time my "weeks" according to them was 8 days behind mine. So.... according to my OB yesterday I was 33 weeks 4 days. Confusing I know but in all honesty I wasn't really worried about the dates being the same just that baby girl was doing what she needed to do at each appointment.

So back to yesterday.. going into my growth scan ultrasound I was scheduled for a March 15th c-section... putting me at 37 weeks 4 days by new due date and 36 weeks 3 days by old due date. Everything went great with the scan she is weighing 6 pounds 4 ounces although my belly is measuring on track at 33 weeks. So it's possible she doesn't actually weigh that much...but let me tell you girl has some long legs! She passed her BPP (biophysical profile) basically a test to make sure baby is doing what she is supposed to do.. practice breathing, gaining fat and muscle, checking amniotic fluid ect. After the ultrasound I saw the midwife at my practice and after going over all the exciting fun stuff she mentioned the possibility of changing my c-section date because it was "before" 37 weeks. I explained to her what the high risk doctor had said and why the due date was changed in the first place. She let me know that because they didn't see my 6 week ultrasound they went off of my 15 week ultrasound and that is why they changed it. However, going from the 6 week ultrasound (which is the most accurate for "dating" a pregnancy) I was only 2 days ahead of my last period date (i.e.: the original due date). I was then told that her and the other two doctors were discussing what to do and would let me know.

Let me say that I know there is a lot of discussion about having babies too early, elective c-sections, natural births, on and on. This situation is unique to me and the only thing... the only thing.. I care about is that baby girl is healthy and comes when she is supposed to. There are risks associated with Cholestasis therefore creating the need for a delivery at 37 weeks. I trust my doctors more than anything and I will do what they suggest because I know they have mine and baby girl's best interest in mind.

Now that, that is out of the way... I ended up talking to my OB yesterday afternoon and he did suggest that after speaking with the other doctors and reviewing the ultrasounds again that my due date should remain April 9th. Creating the need to change the c-section date by one week; we are now scheduled for March 22nd. On this date I will be 37 weeks 3 days, I am comfortable with this decision and we will move forward with monitoring the baby for the next 3 weeks if for any reason they are not comfortable with what they see or how things are going a decision will be made based on those factors. But for now baby girl is doing great, moving a lot and passing all of her tests.

Its been quiet the roller coaster for the past few weeks, I am hoping things can relax a bit over the next few weeks. Little sister will be here before we know it and all of this confusion will be nothing but a memory. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, family, and friends for helping me and supporting me during all of these changes. We are all anxious to meet her but are perfectly ok waiting just one more week.

Last pregnancy update here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...