Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pregnancy Favs

It's no secret that I am not new to this whole pregnancy gig. Things are certainly different with each pregnancy especially when there are years spanning one to the other or your are carring two instead of one. When I was pregnant with Kendal way back in 2004 the things I "liked" or wanted are very different than what I feel is a necessity now.. just a short 12 years later.

I thought I would share some of my favorites and yes, must haves (I think so anyway) for pregnancy... I could say stress free, fun filled, easy going... ect. but hey "things" don't make that happen, but they can help.









Contigo Shake & Go Tumbler  Of course drinking plenty of water is important while pregnant and after. I really have "enjoyed" drinking a lot of water this time around but always felt like I didn't have the right "cup" to fill up. Either they weren't big enough or didn't keep my water cold. While visiting my sister she was using this tumbler and she told me how much she loved it because it kept her water cold. And let me tell you my sister is all about trying new water bottles. So as soon as I got home I bought one and this thing hasn't left my side since then. I love it! Not only does it do what it's supposed to do in keeping my water cold and ice frozen you can remove the straw and shake up any drink powder you may want to add in. Once you remove the straw the area where the straw was closes up and the lid is sealed... Genius!

Snoogle Total Body Pillow I have never been one for body pillows; I just don't see the point and they take up too much space when you are trying to move at night. But this thing has seriously helped me get some sleep when my body is achey. Around 12ish weeks I started to experience some back and hip pain (early I know.. remember the statement above about this pregnancy gig not being new.. yea it causes crazy symptoms to pop up early too) my husband kept telling me to put a pillow between my legs and I just didn't want to do it...again with the too much stuff in the bed. Sooo after more complaining and some research I decided I should try something and of course my husband wanted me to get this body pillow so he could use it "after the pregnancy". As soon as  I opened it and laid down with it I was sold! It was very comfortable and even though it was "in the way" when I wanted to lay on my other side I figured out how to make it work, and it has helped so much. My back pain as well as my hip pain went away after just one to two nights of using it. Now keeping it real getting further along and bigger I don't like it as much because let's face it I am up a hundred times each night and I move around A LOT to get comfortable... so it has been passed on to my husband a little earlier than he expected. I will still use it if my back starts bothering me and it does help... so my opinion if you love body pillows this is definitely the one for you even if you don't "love" them but are looking for some pain relief I don't think you can go wrong.

Secret Fit Maternity Leggings Believe it or not before this pregnancy I had never worn leggings.. I know its a little crazy but they just didn't appeal to me. Until a trip to motherhood maternity when my oldest daughter convinced me to "just try them on". From that moment I was hooked (for now anyway) they are super comfortable and give a bit of a stretch ... you know in case you put on weight in other areas than your belly. I bought these gray ones and a patterned pair.. looking back I probably should have passed on the pattern as I haven't worn those nearly as much but to for lack of comfort. I would definitely suggest buying them when they are buy one get one 50% off or on some sort of sale.

PreNatal Gummies  When you are pregnant with twins you have to take "extra" vitamins and for me I was taking two and a half per day and I could only get them through prescriptions. So this go around it was nice to be able to buy something off the store (target) shelf. I've tried a few different brands both gummies and non. But my favorite by far is the target brand (up & up) prenatal gummy. They taste great, don't make me nauseous, and I feel like I am satisfying a small part of my sweet tooth! And yes another bonus (especially when you have to buy them some frequently) they are not going to break the bank!

Maternity Short Sleeve T-Shirt I LOVE these shirts from Target they are so comfortable and stretch nicely. They also have them in long sleeve which is nice for cooler days. I own one of each color and plan to make them last the rest of my pregnancy and after.  Now I will say the photo represents them being super long and I don't think they are that long... like they wouldn't cover my butt the way they do the for the model in the photo. This is definitely a staple for your maternity wardrobe and they are super reasonably priced... and who doesn't love that!

Longline Knit Cami these tanks from Forever 21 are amazing! I bought a few before I was pregnant because I like my tanks longer and they have turned out to be the perfect tank tops (cami's) to cover the bump in all it's stages. Here I sit nearly 33 weeks pregnant and they are still perfect even when my maternity shirts are wanting to show off my bare belly these tanks keep it well covered! And at less than $4 each you can't go wrong!


I am sure there are many more "things" that have made this pregnancy one to remember but these are just few things I have found myself enjoying on a (near) daily basis!

* All opinions are my own and no compensation was received for the post.

~Kristy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...