Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mom Talk

There's a funny thing that happens when you become a mom (or parent for that matter) you start to realize you will try just about anything to make your kids happy. You find humor in the things that can sometimes drive you crazy, and small things seems like the best things. The past few weeks I've been really trying to laugh off the stress of the day and just find joy in the simple little things in life. And after a talk with my sister (she has a 10 month old) I realized that from time to time we all need to know we are doing ok. We have things under control and we are good parents. We need to know other mom's understand what we are going through.

Here is a look at my past week and the things I was like "Whoa" did that just happen/did I just do that??


Swim suits at bed time - the twins have been "playing" A LOT at bedtime and they love to pretend. Pretend they are painting, going to a wedding, packing for a trip, and so much more. Last night they were just giggling and talking over and over. I had gone in several times to tell them it was time to go to sleep...  I was for sure nearing the end of my rope as I went in the room one last time (hopefully) I  found Charlotte in her swimsuit and Olivia in her birthday suit! While I surely was not happy and the girls knew about it... I couldn't help but laugh after the fact... I realized maybe just maybe I should let their imagination keep working during these times... maybe

Dishwasher Packs (From SAMs Club) - there is something so incredibly satisfying when you open your cupboard and see a big container of dishwasher packs... especially when you have a big family and run your dishwasher nearly every single day! Not sure how I will feel when that container is empty!

Cars with NO air conditioner - When you live in Florida you learn to deal with the heat especially when you are outside. You do things at certain times so that you don't have to be doing them during the hottest part of the day. You make decisions for family outings based on the coolest time of the year. AND we can do all of these things because we know two very important facts... 1. there will be AC in almost every single house or building we enter; and 2. there will be AC in the vehicle we drive.... except.... when the AC goes out in your car on one of the hottest days of the year while you are sitting in the longest drive-thru line imaginable  at chick fi-la.

Crackers for Breakfast - It really is ok to give your toddlers crackers for breakfast right? I mean every day they ask for pancakes and usually only end up eating one bite and then ask me to save the rest for later.. ummm no those things will be hard as a rock and I know for sure you won't eat them later! So when they don't ask for pancakes but instead want crackers... I'm just going to go for it because at at least I didn't waste two pancakes and my three year olds ate breakfast... #winning

Did you really let your baby cry? - Yes, yes, I did. When you lay your baby down for nap or bed and she immediately starts crying you have to ask yourself.. what kind of cry is this? Is she hungry? Nope, she just had cereal and a bottle... not hungry. Does she need to be changed? Nope, just changed the diaper AND had to put on a bigger size for bedtime .. because... chubby baby and chubby baby just had a bottle. Is she hurt? sick? none of the above... oh so when I walk away she cries and when I come in the room she stops and smiles??? Yes, this my friends is called "baby plays mommy" so yes I let her cry... sometimes.

Until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...