Thursday, September 29, 2016

Mom Talk 9.26

Life is absolutely crazy sometimes... like crazy that your toddler breaks her collarbone and your 6 month old is teething which includes a poop filled diaper every hour. Oh and let's not forget teething usually equals no sleep for baby or mama, good thing because I wasn't seeping anyway with Olivia's broken bone.



No Nap or Nap? I am legit torn between what I want the twins to do. I love my quiet time and yes even a nap when I can get one. And yes sometimes the twins are crabby and really really need a nap. But on the other hand somedays I just want to let them stay up and play, because I know it means an early and most importantly EASY bedtime. It is a daily dilemma, and it really doesn't matter what I choose,  I already know I am going to deal with some sort of crabbiness.

Can I sleep with daddy? yes, that is a question and no it's not from mommy. It's no secret the twins almost always come into our bed at some point during the night. If we are lucky it won't be until 3 or 4 in the morning... we usually aren't that lucky. But now we have a new request and it goes a little something like this... "mommy ok if we sleep in daddy bed toNIGHT, pleeease?" First, how am I supposed to say no to that cuteness? Second, daddy always says yes, and third do you know how easy bedtime is when they just go in and lay down with daddy? Makes my life so super easy and bonus daddy "helps" with bedtime. And I always take them to their room when I go to bed... I mean I need some personal space! So maybe I have said yes a lot more this past month than I did the past, but hey this is what memories are made of right? Until.... .they pee in the bed that is.

Normal... can we all please agree that normal is what we make it?? Seriously, I am so tired of mom's feeling like they are failing their kids and even at life because they aren't living up to others expectations or what their definition of "normal" is. Life is already too damn hard to make others feel bad because their baby isn't walking at 10 months. Or to compare ourselves to a millisecond snap of a photo we see on social media. One of my favorite instagram pages mamasaidtees is truer than true when it comes to "defining" normal do yourself a favor and watch their video. As moms all we really need to do is support each other and show each other that we are not alone.

I love Pinterest... Like really love it, there is just so much cool stuff you can find to do, to make, and if you ever have a few hours to waste...well pinterest is your winning choice. However, there is a dark side to pinterest most of the time we don't want to talk about it because it's just too difficult. It's called the "pinterest fail" yes I said it... pinterest fail. I love to cook and I love to try new recipes but sometimes just sometimes what I make leaves me shaking my head and wondering just where I went wrong. It's just so difficult to process, you think you are going to make the perfect meal or perfect craft... because it was on Pinterest how hard could it be?? Turns out.... hard!! Some of that stuff is hard!! I give the creators so much credit for getting it perfect... but for me... it's on to the next... hopefully it won't be a fail!

Mom talk ... last week






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...