Thursday, March 17, 2016

The BIG day




Today is the day!! Say what?? I've had 4 scheduled c-sections and I have only made it to two of the dates!! Today is one of those dates and given that the date has been changed 4 times it's kind of a miracle we are here!

When you become pregnant you know the date your baby enters this world will be just a short while away. But nontheless when that day arrives scheduled or not the feeling of disbelief is very real and present. So let me just get it out... I can't believe this day is finally here!! Dreaming of this day, imagining what she will look like, how her big sisters will react (especially the newly promoted ones), and how our family will grow when she joins us. 

Last night I watched this little girl dance in my belly for one of the last times. Knowing I will no longer have her all to myself is so very bitter sweet. I watched as Charlotte and Olivia hugged my belly "knowing" that they are no longer going to be the "babies". I prayed that I can be a good mom to FIVE children, that I can have grace in times of struggle. I tried to remind myself that there will be tough times, hard times, and even confusing times but we (I) will make it through those times and always be stronger because of them. But also reminded myself that there will be times of amazing happiness, laughs, joy, and pride in my family.

Yes, five children is "a lot" and I certainly will "have my hands full" and no we won't "be trying for the boy". Yes, these comments can make any one question their decisions but the one thing those comments will not do is define our family, they make our family stronger.

 So before our fifth daughter arrives I don't worry how she will "fit" with our family and I don't worry what others will think of "all of my kids". I know that this new life will be one we could never have lived with out. 

Because this statement taken from White House Black Shutters Blog speaks so much truth for me I'm sharing it for a second time... 

"But with every new life, it’s almost as if nothing changed. We had the same family and life we did before, just added a new personality into the mix. As soon as they were here, we couldn’t imagine life without them. When you stop to think about it, it’s just the people you have plus someone new to get to know and love."

Soon we will meet this new person and love her more than we could have ever imagined.

Journey to Number Five










1 comment:

  1. Congrats on baby #5! You rock mama!

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...