Friday, March 11, 2016

Letter to the Big Sisters

Kendal,
It's hard to believe in just one short week you will become a big sister for the 4th time.. it sounds strange to say. Looking back to when you were born I don't think we ever imagined 4 more would follow you. Ever since you became a big sister for the first time at the age of nearly 2 you have surprised us with your kind and caring ways. You are naturally a giving person so it is no shock that you would be this way with your sisters. It's not always easy having a sister so close in age and two sisters so far from your age. You have always stepped in when I needed you, it may be helping Madison with homework or played with the twins... even if it means letting them play with some of your favorite things. Watching you with your sisters gives me a glimpse into the future of just how great of a big sister you will continue to be. Sure there are difficult times... and maybe even times you wish you weren't the big sister. But there is a reason you were chosen first, a reason God gave us you before all the others. As you continue to grow I know that your view on being a big sister will grow with you. There will most certainly be bumps a long the way ... most I am sure we will figure out together. These "bumps" will only make you a better big sister to four girls that will most definitely be looking up to you as they navigate the same waters you have been through.
I can't wait to see you with your newest sister, she will no doubt be loved beyond measure and I am proud to know you are one of her big sisters.

Madison,
For a long time you were just the "little sister" maybe you wondered if you would ever become a big sister. I remember the look on your face when we announced that there were two babies on the way and you were going to be a big sister. The smile went on for days, it is one of my most favorite memories. As we prepared for the arrival of the twins you would always hug my belly and talk to them you were a great big sister even before they were here. You do the same now with your newest little sister.... I know she already knows how much you love her. When the twins arrived it was as if you had been a big sister all along; those girls were so loved from the very beginning and even today I see that love from you all of the time. There is hardly a time you won't play with them or make them feel better if they are upset. You are a great big sister even when they aren't being the best little sisters. You are able to show kindness and compassion beyond your 9 years a trait I already see in your little sisters. I couldn't ask for you to be a better big sister, and I know your newest sister will be just as loved. 

Love, Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...