Monday, March 14, 2016

Thirty Six Weeks




How Far Along - 36 weeks 2 days

Total Weight Gain - 30 pounds - I feel very confident in saying this right now "I don't really care"! Yes, that is how I feel right now about a lot of things.. weight gain is one of them! Even my doctor laughed last week when I made the comment about how I feel like I gain a pound every time I go there! He said well you hide it well.. I guess when you have "about" an 8 pound baby in your belly 30 pounds can be expected.

Maternity Clothes - Can you say the same shirt every day and the same bottoms every day?! Ok, so maybe it's not that dramatic but literally I have like 3 shirts that fit over this belly. I've put some of my more comfortable bottoms in my hospital bag so the other comfortable items are on repeat.

Sleep - It's going pretty well, getting up a lot to empty the bladder and working through contractions from time to time. Comfort is hard to come by and baby girl sometimes feels like she is trying out for the women's gymnastic team! Sometimes I just lay there so I can feel her move and really enjoy my last few days with her.

Miss anything? Just normal clothes and normal activity. I'm definitely looking forward to the day when I can wear normal clothes and not feel tired just walking from the bedroom to the bathroom.

Cravings - Craving anything I can have that I have had to give up over the last 9 months. My most used emoji's to my husband are currently... sushi, wine, and beer... and baby.

Symptoms - CONTRACTIONS ... last Wednesday we thought we may be headed to the hospital to welcome baby girl. But after about 4 hours and contractions and then becoming 5 minutes apart and pretty painful.. they stopped. Not sure if I was disappointed or not but either way we gained a few more days for baby girl to prepare for her arrival.

Looking forward to- We have 4 days until we head to the hospital to welcome baby girl 5 it seems so strange to know she will be here in our arms. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it and all that comes with it. At our growth scan last week the high risk doctor estimated her to be around 8 pounds... to say I was shocked is an understatement! What do I do with all these newborn clothes?! My doctor actually thinks she is probably more like 7 pounds as I was measuring 35 weeks on Friday. Either way baby is girl is healthy and we likely won't have to have any NICU time. He feels good about our date and the health of this little one and that is all that matters.

4 days left....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...