Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Kid Status = Many

Boy you've got your hands full... bless your heart.... your poor husband... these are just a few of the statements I hear on the daily regarding my big family. Don't worry, while they may be annoying and in my opinion over stepping I don't let them get to me. I chose to have a big family so I know that choice will come with certain looks and comments. Being a mom of five is both a blessing and a challenge. There are certain times I sit back and I say to myself I can't believe all of these girls are mine, and other times I don't know how I will give all of them the attention they need and deserve. Being a mother is a balancing act regardless of the number of children you have but the more children you add the harder that balancing act becomes. The older girls need help with homework each night, dinner needs to be made, the twins need interaction with more than just themselves.. and maybe I should be helping them to learn how to spell their names or recognize their letters. Parker needs attention to develop socially and mentally and let's not forget those milestones I may need to help her achieve. People often ask how do you fit it all in... and the answer is simple... I just do. There are things in life that you just don't have a choice over and meeting your children's needs is one of them. We have to find a way to fit it all in to make it work, we have to be comfortable to ask for help and accept help when it's offered. Being a mother is a humble job that requires patience, understanding, and a whole lot of love. I have found with each child added to our family my range of skills for mothering has increased; not out of practice but out of need. I learn something new every day, things I didn't even know I needed to know. I have moments of weakness and moments of strength I never knew I had. These girls I get to call my daughters light up my life and have made me the type of mother I never knew I needed to be. Never did I ever think I would have five children and maybe some think it's crazy and maybe we will never have an excess of money but I wouldn't change this blessing for anything. So the next time I hear "you've got your hands full" maybe my response will be "sounds about right... and I wouldn't change it for the world".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...