Friday, May 20, 2016

Two Months ~ Parker



Holy cow! The last two months have just flown by! But don't they always when you want time to slow down? From one month to now Parker seems to have changed so much... Here is what's up.

•sleep. Parker still sleeps pretty well, especially at night. She isn't quite sleeping through the night yet but is sleeping for longer periods. She usually has her last feeding between 8 and 9 then goes to sleep around 10 and sleeps until 3 or 4. Naps are hit or miss and I'm really working on some "light" sleep training. She falls asleep pretty easily when being held (of course!) but when laid down wakes up within a few minutes ... Unless it's bed time. I am trying to lay her down when she starts to show signs of being tired so that she can learn to fall asleep on her own. We've had some success but I do realize she's only 8 weeks so I'm not pushing it too hard... Just practice. She almost always takes one really good nap each day lasting around 3 hours and then takes several 10-30 minute cat naps. On good days she takes at least 2 long naps and one shorter 30-60 minute nap. We are definitely still learning in this department. 

•eat. She is an amazing eater and I am pretty sure if we let her she would eat all day. She is still taking breast milk and formula and doing well with both. We've had some issues with reflux that we've had to start giving her some Zantac and it seems to be working for her. Feeding has been difficult for me given my desire to nurse. I've been all over the place with what to do as far as nursing and formula feeding goes. I talked about this in detail here. I'm sure I'll have an update on our plan (as soon as I figure it out myself) going forward soon. But at the end of the day she is happy, healthy, and fed and that is all that matters. 

•swaddle and cuddle. Parker absolutely loves to be swaddled. If she is fussy or tired just wrapping her up almost immediately soothes her and helps her fall asleep. She is probably our most cuddly baby she absolutely loves it and often this is the only way she will fall asleep... Swaddled and cuddled.

•play. Of course there's not a ton of play happening right now but her big sisters certainly LOVE to play with her. The twins are always trying to give her toys while the bigger sisters can usually be seen making faces and talking to her in those little baby voices. She is doing really well at responding to our voices and almost always smiles when we talk to her. She's not a huge fan of tummy time and would really rather hold her head up on her own while being burped. 

~other changes. 

When you have more than one child you tend to compare each one to the previous one or one to another. I have to say Parker is very much her own little girl. She is different from any of the other girls. She's more sensitive and doesn't handle things not going her way very well. Her tired and hungry cries are almost exactly the same ... I think she does it on purpose.. To get more food! I love that she is very much her own person and I can't wait to see how this continues to grow with her. 

Weight:
Birth 7 pounds 7 ounces
2 months 10 pounds 12 ounces

Length:
Birth 19 inches
2 months 23 3/4 inches

The past two months have been nothing short of wonderful with Parker in our lives I know she is only going to continue bless us so very much. 

We love you Parker!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...