Monday, May 16, 2016

Favorite Eats: Teriyaki Grilled Chicken with Veggies


Since I haven't been working (in like forever) I have loved trying out new recipes. I usually follow the recipes I find pretty closely but lately I've been experimenting with different seasonings and spices. But this one I found on Pinterest (of course) is just amazing as is. I always love when I find something new my husband thumbs up and we can "add" to our meal rotation. Don't worry the kids matter too.. but sometimes I make a modified version of the recipe for them.

One other things before I give you this amazing recipe - I have a big family so there are times I have to have more meat or double something, other times the amount in the recipe is just fine as is - I'll let you know if I change or increase anything to feed my family of 6 (yes, I know we have 7 but Parker isn't exactly sitting at the dinner table yet :)

Teriyaki Grilled Chicken with Veggies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast

2 1/2 cups chopped broccoli Florets
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
1 medium zucchini

3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium

1 1/2 cups white or brown rice (Cooked.. or just what ever serving size you need for your family)

black pepper - to taste
3 tbsp brown sugar packed
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
 Sesame Seeds - optional

3 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 cup water

Teriyaki Sauce:

In a small sauce pan wisk together soy sauce, 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of water, the brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger, and rice vinegar. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat. Wisk together cornstarch  with remaining 2 tbsp water, then add to sauce mixture. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside. (If you are tempted I say go ahead and taste it... YUM... just don't burn yourself)
...........................
I would start making your rice at this point ;)

Chicken:
Brush both sides of the chicken with 1/12 Tbsp of the olive oil and season with pepper (no salt needed the Teriyaki sauce is plenty salty). Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425-450 degrees. Brush grill grates lightly with oil then grill chicken until center is 160-165 degrees. Remove and let rest 5 minutes then dice into cubes.
..... You can also dice the chicken ahead of time and cook in a pan - I had to do this because I don't have a grill right now... chicken still came out great
...........................
Veggies (be careful if you are like me you will be dipping these veggies in the sauce every few minutes to see if they are done... go ahead you know you want to!)

Heat remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, broccoli, and carrots saute 4-5 minutes until crisp and tender.
..........................
Layer rice then top with chicken and veggies add desired amount of teriyaki sauce over top! I found the sauce was pretty thick at this point so just do your best! Add sesame seeds if you like and eat!

Over all this dish was pretty easy to make and not too awfully time consuming which for me automatically gets a thumbs up!




Recipe source Cooking Classy (via pinterest)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...