Tuesday, June 7, 2016

King size takeover

I love my girls ... All of them ... I really really do. I love everything about them, their smiles, their laughs, their silliness, and the way they love us. Ok, ok of course there are things I would rather not have to deal with, not everything isn't sunshine and rainbows ... Let's get real. But some how even the things you would rather not deal with end up turning into something you couldn't do with out.

Since moving into our house the twins have been out of the cribs and into twin beds. Every once in a while they would make their way into our bed sometimes we would let them stay and other times we would take them back to their own beds. It might be just one of them or it could be both. Since Parker has made her arrival Charlotte and Olivia have made it a pretty regular habit of coming into our bed nearly every night. It usually starts with one of the them snuggling in and about 10 minutes later the other is joining us. Most times a fight ensues because both of them want to lay by mommy or one is by daddy but the other wants to be there. Or they fight over the pillow, or the blanket isn't pulled up correctly, or Charlotte is touching Olivia... oh there's more I assure you. I can usually be heard - half asleep mind you - telling them to stop fighting or they are going back to their room. Then you are woken up by a knee in your back or a foot in your face. I tell myself every night I won't let them stay in the bed with us if they come in. I have plenty of opportunities to take them back to their own room.  Like when I get up with Parker, or need a drink of water, or Curt gets up with the dog. So why don't we do it? If it bothers us so much why don't we just take them back to their room? Because in the chaos of it all Olivia rubs my back and Charlotte snuggles up close to daddy. Because I open my eyes and see my curly haired "almost" three year old with her long eye lashes and pouty lips sleeping so innocently next to us. Because sometimes they cuddle each other and it reminds me of the time they were always with me. Because we know this time is going to pass and end more quickly than we want it to. Soon we won't have little ones crawling into our bed at night. And so we deal with the arguing and the feet in our face because we know we would't have it any other way.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...