Thursday, April 21, 2016

One Month ~ Parker



How? How is she one month already? Please, some one tell my why it goes so fast and how I can slow it down! This tiny little girl has already brought so much joy to our lives... and all she does is eat and sleep! I can only imagine what's to come having her in our lives.
Here's what she's been up too in her 4 short weeks of life:

• she loves to cuddle ... Not just lay on your chest and sleep ... I mean full on cuddle! She knows how to nuzzle right into any crevice available to her. If you lay her next to you on the bed she always finds a way to get her body right up close to you ... Cuddles for days and we don't want it to ever end!

•swaddle... She also loves to be swaddled but you better leave those arms out. All of the girls were that way, they love to have their arms out usually up by their heads.

•food... Errrrr Milk? She loves to eat and mostly eats every 2-2.5 hours during the day, with one longer 4ish hour stretch. She sleeps 4-5 hours at night after her evening feeding usually between 9 and 10 and wakes once to eat then up between 6 and 7. We are mostly breast feeding with some supplementing 2-3 times (sometimes 4 times) per day, she takes about 2oz each time we give her formula. She lost nearly a pound after leaving the hospital so our pediatrician recommend supplementing. I cried right there in her office... I really wanted to NOT have to do that this time. It was so sad to me that once again my body just couldn't make enough to support my child. But I quickly realized I wasn't being asked to STOP breast feeding I just needed to help her and at the end of the day that is my one and only job ... Take care of this little girl by any means possible. What we are doing is working for now... Eventually I would love to stop supplementing but we will see.

•this one is a great sleeper... Thank you lord! She sleeps so well and She has even fallen asleep on her own in her pack n' play. To me this is huge that she can already fall asleep without her swing or being held. She is starting to be awake more during the day and is usually awake for a good hour at least twice a day. Sometimes the awake time keeps us up a little later than mama would like but it's so worth it.

•play... There's not much play going on right now but since she is starting to be awake more her big sisters are always talking to her and giving her toys to "play" with. No doubt she will be the center of the twins play when she gets a bit older.

~ other changes 
•loves to hold her head up when she is being burped 
• starting to get her chubby cheeks and double chin back that she was born with
•even though she was born with a bunch of hair she is getting more!
•wears newborn diapers and newborn clothes. Although she won't be able to wear newborn sleepers much longer! 

Weight: 
Birth - 7lbs 7ounces
One Month - 8lbs 12ounces
Length:
Birth- 19 inches 
One Month - 21 3/4 inches

We knew from the moment we found out I was pregnant that we would love this little person so very much. We couldn't have dreamed to have more than Parker has given to us already. We can't wait to see what is to come with this little one. We love you so much Parker Elaine.






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...