Friday, April 25, 2014

Multiple Birth Awareness Month

April is Multiple Birth Awareness Month- so today's post is dedicated to my lovely twins... ok so I think all of my posts have been about my twins.. So while this post may be dedicated to my twins I want to share how much my two older daughters have helped since the very beginning (and by beginning I mean since I was 6 week). 
First a few photos :)

Seriously aren't the just the cutest??? 

From the day we told the girls we were pregnant and having twins its been a whirlwind!! When we found out we were having twins I was so very nervous and all sorts of things worried me {aside from the pregnancy}. How would I feed them at the same time, what if they were crying at the same time, what if I was in the bathroom and they started crying... ect. ect. We told the girls via a card for each of them letting them know they were going to be big sisters to "baby A and baby B" there was a lot of confusion and I have to say it was pretty funny.. they understood there was one baby but the concept of two was way over their heads! When we finally explained there were two babies... Madison was so excited "TWO BABIES.. MOMMY YOU ARE HAVING TWO BABIES?" she shouted! Kendal... oh Kendal... she started crying... I have to stay we believe she started crying because she wasn't exactly sure how to respond from her excitement. This is pretty funny to say the least because when hubby and I were discussing with the girls the possibility of us having another baby Kendal excitedly said "Oh mommy you should have twins that way there will be one for each of us". Oh Kendal thank you for your suggestion!! 



Love my Kendal 

Once we told the girl about the twins and the "excitement" settled all they wanted to know what how can we help? What can we do? When can we feed the babies? So excited I knew everything would be ok. I knew I was going to have helpers and the best helpers I could ask for BIG SISTERS! 



Sweet Sweet Madison! 



They have helped me in every way possible - changed diapers, held bottles, offered to wake up at 3am to help feed (I did think about it a few times). These girls are just amazing to me and every time I ask them to help me they do and they do it with a smile on their face.. they are amazing big sisters I don't think I could have planned it any better. 








I can't believe how lucky I am.. these 4 girls are my everything my heart explodes when I see them together playing and just the amount of love they show each other... I can't wait to see how the twins show that same love as the get older!! 

And since today's post is "Dedicated" to the twins because it is APRIL here are few more photos of the little ladies through the early months...

Olivia

Charlotte

Seriously one of my favorite photos of the two 



Livy during her carseat test



Happy Multiple Birth Awareness Month!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...