Monday, April 3, 2017

Parker Elaine ~ ONE



Well she did it...she turned ONE! 12 whole months of loving on our sweet last baby girl and experiencing those baby firsts for the last time. Each month when Parker would do something new or have a "first" I tried to remind myself that her first would be our last and that was so incredibly hard to accomplish. As she continues to grow we realize more and more that we no longer have a "baby" in her... even though I am sure we will always refer to her as the baby. First Birthday's are typically more for parents, friends, and families a time to celebrate just how amazing the first year of life has been. And this First Birthday is no exception for us...we even delayed her party so that nearly all of our family (living in different states) could attend.

The days leading up to the her big day I couldn't help but replay everything over in my mind... her last moves, the trip to the hospital to "prepare" for her delivery, my twice weekly doctor visits, the drive to the hospital on the day she joined us and so much more. it's no surprise really that I would do this with Parker, I have done it with all of the girls each and every birthday. It's one of my most favorite things to do and I hope I never stop.

The day of her birth the 18th of March we had a small family party at the house starting with homemade pancakes, balloons at nap time, pasta with meatballs for dinner, and her first cupcake (which for the record she didn't even like it). She loved us singing to her and was a bit confused with her gifts. It was a great day celebrating Miss. Parker. We will be celebrating her once again at her big birthday party in April.

We have absolutely loved watching Parker grow and change over the last twelve months. She is coming into her own little personality full of spunk and sass. She likes to do things her own way and own time. Her favorite time of day is morning right when she get out of her crib. She loves to "dance" wiggling her little butt and waiving her arm(s) in the air. She is full of life and comes alive when any of her favorite people walk into the room. There is nothing we don't love about her and certainly nothing we we wouldn't do for her. She is the perfect ending to our baby girl train and I'm not sure we  could have imagined any one more perfect.

This weekend with our closet family and friends we celebrate all that is Parker Elaine. Happiest of First Birthday's Parker we love you.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...