Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mom Talk 10/3


Target runs with my chubby baby and a decision to finally get braces... Oh this mom life sure is entertaining!


Target... oh target you are my happy place, my heart races with excitement when I pull into the parking lot and see those big red letters T A R G E T. I remember my first visit to target when I was in college then it was just a different store shop at besides Walmart and then Kmart (Hey I didn't say I was young). But even then there was just something different about Target, you could just get lost and not even know you were spending hours there. Today it's much the same except Target just seems like that magical place to get lost in when you need a break and don't even get me started on the Starbucks inside. Of course the break really occurs when you don't have your 5 kids with you but hey... it's still my happy place, even then. Many say you can't even go into target without spending much more than you thought you would. You always end up finding something else you didn't even know you needed.. target has that affect on us. Of course finding that extra things usually means you forget the one thing you went into Target to buy in the first place... Well played Target... Well played... See you tomorrow for that one thing I forgot. 

Braces?? Bet you thought I was going to say one of my kids needs braces didn't you?? Well yes, that may happen sometime soon but right now the person needing braces is ME.  In all my years of going to the dentist (and there have been a lot of them.... see above... ) I have never been told I needed braces never even a hint of well maybe you will need them in the future. This was until last year when I had to have a "fun" deep cleaning because my teeth are too close together in some areas and not straight enough in others causing some dental issues now and more in the future. Well today we decided it was finally time to just get it done ... the nearly 25% discount on invisalign was a big help in making the decision. But really, 37 and braces... ugh let the fun begin.

Wow, how old is she?? When this is the question I get after someone looks at my six month old I can't help but want to say uhhh.. .none of your business. Another favorite is how much does she weigh? and the best is She's really chubby.. let's not forget how much does she eat? Listen people I know my 6 month old resembles a small one year old and she has some chunk on her thighs and those chubby cheeks may make it look like she eats all day. But let me help you rest assured, Parker is perfectly healthy. Her weight and hight are within the 90-95th percentile, she eats like a normal 6 month old and enjoys every single minute of it. So yes, my wonderful healthy 6 month old may be bigger than yours but she doesn't mind one bit.. maybe you shouldn't either.

M I C K E Y  M O U S E ... Please tell me I'm not the only one that can go into a canotonic state while watching Mickey Mouse Club House with my kids? I really try to figure out what is going on with the show.. I mean are Donald and Daisy dating?? If so it's time for an engagement if you ask me. And I think I can see Clarabell and Goofy as one strong couple. And please, can we not forget Mickey and Minnie??? They are the epitome of love always making treats for each other and singing love songs.  I may have also made up my own version of the Hot Dog song but I'll leave that for another day. I owe a lot of thanks to that wonderful Mouse he keeps my girls company when I need to make dinner or fold laundry. His entire crew teaches my girls how to count forward and backwards, teaches them their A, B, Cs and even those pesky shapes and colors. Thank you Mickey Mouse ... Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...