Monday, January 11, 2016

You ARE enough

To the mom who thinks she isn't enough. Isn't enough for her child or children, enough for her significant other, enough for her friends or family. To the mom who thinks she just can't do it any longer, can't work full time and take care of her family, do the laundry, make dinner, pay bills, and still have time to breathe and the end of the day. To the mom who feels like she is only defined by her roles of Mother and significant other, that she is only seen in these lights and questions what her worth is to the family and those around her. To the mom who thinks she isn't strong enough, isn't capable enough, and just isn't all that she believes she can be.

I feel those same things, think these same thoughts, and have been where you are. I too have questioned if I am enough, can I be more than just the stay at home mom, the wife, be more than the label I have placed upon myself? I have said to myself, to my husband, I Just can't do it any more, I can't go to work everyday and come home and still be all that is required of me. 

But I have learned along the way I am enough. I am more than just mom and wife, I can stay home or I can work either way I can do it and I can be good at it. I don't need others to define if I am a good mother or wife. It's ok if I have a bad day... one bad day doesn't define me as mother or what I am capable of. It's hard to remember these things, and one day we may feel on top of the world and the next feel like a complete failure. We all have these days, but must remember they are just days, days that we will get through, days we will learn and grow from. 

I wanted to share this tonight because as women and mothers we just don't hear it enough, we are hard on ourselves and give ourselves little credit for the amazing mothers we are. So hang in there, tomorrow is a new day and don't get down if tomorrow is that hard day... you will make it and you will be stronger because of. If you see a mom struggling, tell her how awesome she doing and while you are at... tell yourself how awesome YOU are doing. 

~ Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...