Thursday, August 13, 2015

E L E V E N




How does the time go by so quickly? Being pregnant with Kendal... my first born... there were moments I felt like time was standing still as we awaited her arrival. Every ultrasound, movement, craving, ache, and pain never could have prepared me for the love I was about to feel for that little new life I was to hold in my arms.

Now that little life is eleven - I just can't believe it. This last year seems to have flown by. So many changes for her and for me.. our relationship has grown so very much as a result of these changes. It's hard to imagine that our hearts can continue to grow over time not only for our "new" children but the love we already have and that place in our hearts just keeps growing. 

Each year brings new challenges and especially in this preteen phase. I see bits of myself in Kendal some make me smile and others make me wonder what the heck! There have been tears, smiles, and oh so much laughter. This girl is so very entertaining and it brings us to our knees with laughter. She is one of the most kind and caring girls I know. She is not afraid to be herself even if it makes her different; I absolutely love this about her. 

She is a great big sister, daughter, and friend. I cherish our moments together and I am so thankful she made me a mother.

Happy Birthday Kendal, We love you!

Kendal turns 10 {here}














No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...