Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving with Friends

Well I am a little late on this post but better late than never!

We started our Thanksgiving off the way I always did as a kid- watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade. There was no dinner prep happening in the Kitchen this year as dinner was at a friends house. The kids sat with me watching the parade and while the "parade" seems some what different than it did when I was 10 the tradition still feels amazing and I hope that we can continue it for many years to come!


Charlotte Watching the parade


We had a great Thanksgiving with our friends and we of course made a fun supper club out of it as well. One of the things I love about our group of friends is that we all bring our own unique touches to every thing we do. This Thanksgiving we feasted on traditional food from Puerto Rico and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Its always fun to try new food and new things and our hosts did not disappoint.

Aside from the food being awesome the kids had a great time as usual... unfortunately, my family was pretty sick so it was a short eat and run type of situation for us so that we could come home and rest. Not our most energetic Thanksgiving but we made it through!

Even though the day felt short it is always a blessing to be able to spend the Holidays with Friends and the family we have here in Florida. Out of our group the "family" we have close to us is minimal if any at all. I know I have said this before but it is so important to all of us to have this group of friends because we do truly feel like one big family when we are together and that makes everything feel just a bit more special.


Sick Child One


Sick Child Two




A "few" sick kids


Sick Hubby and Sister-in-Law


Ahh-mazing ice-cream sandwich cake


Not a sick kid




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...