Sunday, November 23, 2014

The things we do

I had a moment on Friday when I am pretty sure anyone driving near me would have thought I was crazy, and I am pretty sure I was. I was singing at the top of my lungs ... well I am sure to Charlotte and Olivia it was singing. There wasn't a particular song I was singing but it went something like this "stay awake, stay awake, don't you fall asleep OLIVIA... CHARLOTTE OH CHARLOTTE keep those eyes, keep those eyes open!" and so on. Just a lot of random words about not falling asleep until we got home! I mean how the heck was I going to get two sleeping babies into the house without waking them up! It kind of worked we "almost" made it home before they dozed off.

Yesterday, Kendal didn't feel well- sneezing, coughing, red eyes, fever, and on and on. She laid around all day barely moving. She got worse though out the day and into the night. Today was worse, the poor girl looks like she's dying. Red nose, red eyes, puffiness, coughing, and sneezing. She was waited on hand and foot today, anything she wanted she got. Thankfully, Madison and the twins have not gotten sick at this point. All fingers and toes are crossed!! Once last year Madison was sick.. I mean sick, throwing up ever 30 minutes for almost 36 hours! We had to make a trip to the ER to get her some medicine to help her stop! During this time we laid together, watched netflix, and I rubbed her back every time she got sick.

Clearly these are all things that we do as parents and of course moms! And we do them freely because the pain of seeing our children sick is worse than us being the ones that are sick. We would do anything for them, anything to help them feel better... or keep two toddlers from falling asleep minutes from home. When I was driving "singing" to Charlotte and Olivia, I realized in that moment, I would do anything for my girls no matter how crazy I look or tired I am (and sometimes being tired makes me look crazy!). I always knew being a mom would mean sacrifice, but what I didn't know was that the sacrifices made would result in an amazing deeper love than I could have ever thought possible.


The following are photos of how spent the rest of our weekend (when we weren't wiping sister's nose)












Poor Kendal.... She even tried to smile


And Madison... She's not sick... yet


These 4 girls make every sacrifice worthwhile and even in the most sleepless nights I feel incredibly blessed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...