Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Birthday Party Success

Be sure to check out twin talk blog (here) as they celebrate turning ONE!!


First Birthday parties are so much fun... probably more so for the parents, friends, and families! But I do have to say the babies had a great time and there was no shortage of people to feed and hold our newly one year old girls. Its not a surprise I started planning this party several months before their birthday and as an added bonus we decided to also celebrate Kendal turning ten at the same time!

A little back story - when I was pregnant with the twins we knew it was pretty likely I was going to have them in the month of August...Kendal's birth month. As her birthday neared (August 13th) and I ended up in the hospital several times all I wanted was to make sure the twins were not born on her birthday! Luckily her birthday came and the girls came 5 days later. I never wanted Kendal to feel like she had to share her birthday with not one but two of her siblings! Now I know this wouldn't be the end of the world and she would have eventually been great with it... BUT I still wanted her to have her "own" day.

Needless to say I was a little worried about celebrating her birthday with the twins so we decided to keep it a surprise (something she has always wanted!) So I hit up pinterst and nearly drooled over all the twin moms and moms alike posting photos of their little one's birthday party photos on IG. We decided on a pink and gold theme because I did't want something too specific as it wouldn't fit a ten year old and two one year olds.

There was a lot of planning and some last minute changes but I was so very happy with the way everything turned out and everyone loved our set up.


The "Happy Birthday" banner as well s the name banners on the cakes were put together and made by me. I also spray painted all of the jars I had gold... oops I hope no one wants to can any time soon! 


I hung up the girls "preemie" outfits they wore home from the hospital. It was  great little reminder of how far they had come. 


Intermixed with the photos of the twins were a few photos of Kendal. 
The gold jars held pink and white roses. 






My husbands cousin made these amazing cookies!! 



I made the scrap fabric banner after one of my fav IG twin mamas showed me a photo of hers and I knew I had to make them! I made two, one for the book signing table and one for the gift table. 
We set up two Happy Birthday books for each of the girls to have and everyone signed them. I was going to have the banner with monthly photos of the girls; but at the last minute I decided to to use my digital photo frame and this way I could also include some photos of Kendal. 









And then it was cake time- we ordered our cakes from publix..first let it be known that I love publix cakes - reason number 1 I had to have them from there! I started out ordering 3 round cakes- but then I found out I could get the babies smash cakes for free!! So we had to change our order about 6 times... hey I wanted the perfect party! I was happy with the way everything turned out even though I ended up with a square cake...
















I wasn't sure if it was proper etiquette to open gifts at the party or at home- so after some asking of the guests everyone wanted to see the girls "open" their gifts...





This was an amazing birthday party for both the twins and their big sister Kendal I couldn't have asked for anything more.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...