Wednesday, May 14, 2014

When one... or all of your littles get sick

So the past 3 almost 4 weeks in my house have been full of sneezing, coughing, fevering, ear aching, passing out, breath holding, and more!! It all started at Easter when Kendal started feeling bad, thinking that it was allergies we did the normal to help her feel better. Yea... so it wasn't allergies great lets get ready for the whole house to be sick!



A few days later Madison paid a midnight visit to my bedroom complaining of her ear hurting. Thinking that she just wanted to snuggle with mama I put her in bed with me. Yea.... so she didn't just want to snuggle with mama. She was in severe pain crying and pounding her head with with her hand. A quick conversation with the hubby determined we (I) should take her to the emergency room.  Once we were seen in the ER and a lot of crying and pain later it was determined she had a double ear infection with her eardrum close to rupturing!! Two days off school for Madison.



Then the twins... coughing, runny nose, sneezing, fever yea they had it all! But to top it all not 2 days after Madison was in the ER Charlotte decided she needed to check it out as well. She likes to hold her breath when crying- this is how we can tell she is really upset. While getting her ready for bed she bumped her head and she lost is crying hysterically AND you guessed it holding her breath. I was waiting for her to start crying again and when she didn't I turned her towards me and she wasn't breathing!! I completely freaked out and started screaming that she wasn't breathing- as soon as we moved her to start CPR she began crying again. Talk about getting your heart rate up in a hurry. {As a side note we have a family history of Long QT and problems with breathing}. So we (and this time WE) took her to the ER... turns out she had what is called a breath holding spell and as it turns out is pretty common among babies. The Doctor told us that when it happens to first take a deep breath ourselves and to make sure she is in fact breathing that she just passed out. We can also blow into her face when she is crying and trying to hold her breath to get her to take a breath. So far we have only had one other episode of her doing this. Ugh... so now its a balance of picking her up as soon she cries for fear she will pass out or letting her cry because she needs to know its okay to cry and she will survive... we are getting there.




In between all of this sickness that took over our kids; hubby and I managed to stay healthy! Kendal and Madison are back to healthy little mamas while Olivia and Charlotte continue with fevers off and on. I think these are related to teething (I hope these are related to teething) as during the 4 week sickness they both and ear infections. This past Tuesday Olivia decided she needed to see the inside of the ER (my twin sister did why can't I... what a tude she has!!).... Our doctor suggested we take her because her fever was close to 102 for the better part of 24 hours and her skin turned a beautiful shade of purple/blue!! I called the doctor and she said we (I) better take her because it could be a lack of oxygen!!! Turns out she was just fine (of course) and likely has a viral infection causing the fevers but no real reason why she turned into a smurf!!




I am so hopeful all 4 of my girls will stay healthy and we don't need any more trips to the ER!!! I would also like to ask that two little twin girls get their teeth sometime soon... thank you. Its been a very interesting month and on Sunday the twins turn 9 months I'm so blown away with just how fast they are  growing and changing every singe day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...