Thursday, June 4, 2015

First Day of Summer Break



Ahhhhh Summer Break - time for staying up late, sleeping in, no homework, and for my kids... sleeping on the couch. Why? Why do they do this? For as long as I can remember they have always wanted to sleep on the couch on the weekends and pretty much all of summer break!! I am usually the worst person to plan things out for the kids to do during break, mostly because I used to work a full time job and the girls (Kendal and Maddy) would go to New York to visit family for a few weeks in the summer.  This year though I am trying my best to make a point to keep the kids busy... pretty much so that I don't have to hear them argue for the better part of the day.

We have about three weeks before the big girls head to Pennsylvania for a week to spend time with my mom and sister, then we will join them for a few days before heading to New York for a week then on to DC for another week. At least that planning is done for me!

This morning we were up before 11 (as the girls would have had it) to head to the store - for the important things such as... cheese, lunchables (for our picnic lunch), and did I mention cheese. We then headed to the library for Kendal and Maddy to pick out their first summer reading book. It just happened to be story time so we joined in and Charlotte and Olivia loved it. Olivia of course just watching everything and Charlotte clapping and joining in on the songs. We then headed to the park for a picnic lunch and some play time at the playground. Then it was home for naps. We ended the night with a dip in the pool.

It was a great start to summer break and I hope to have many more days like it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...