Sunday, March 8, 2015

F-A-M-I-L-Y

The last few weeks have been exciting and busy for our family so I thought now was a good time to share. Around mid-february my mom came to visit from Pennsylvania, a welcomed change of weather for her! The kids are always so spoiled by her when she visits and they of course love it. Each one is wanting grandma to herself to love on and snuggle. She didn't just come for a visit; she also came to run her second half marathon. My mom had just turned 60 that same week and she had a goal to run the half marathon in less than three hours but specifically 2 hours and 45 minutes was her ultimate goal. Kendal, Madison, and I were there to watch her finish and when I saw her coming towards the finish line my skin was covered in goosebumps and tears filled my eyes. I have run my share of races including a half marathon as well as a full marathon and there is nothing like crossing that finish line. But to see my mom complete her goal left me with an enormous amount of pride... when I turned to see the time as she crossed, 2:45 was displayed on the clock. She did it, she finished in the time she was aiming for; a huge accomplishment. Seeing her after the race with the biggest smile on her face was perfect. When it was time for grandma to leave it was certainly a rough day, it always is, but many memories were made on this trip and we can't wait for the next one.




My sister in-law and I hit up the Maroon 5 concert! We had an amazing time!



Yesterday, Kendal and I spent all day at the Gulf Coast Odyssey of the Mind competition. ALL.DAY. According to my FitBit we walked over 5 miles, over 12,000 steps and burned over 2,000 calories! Phew, I am tired all over again. This was Kendal's first year participating and I have to say this girl conquered some of her fears from doing things on her own (with no one she knows around) to speaking in public. Her team did an amazing job - each of the team members (except one) also participated for the first time. Although they didn't place their effort was amazing and they worked so hard for the last few months. I love that Kendal decided to participate and I am so impressed with how she changed as a person. She's very excited for next year and Madison is looking to join as well. 




Next up some mommy and me time for Madison. Madison is so much like her daddy spending alone time with her is often like spending time with her dad. There is never a dull moment with Madison, always joking laughing and being just plain silly!! 


And perhaps the biggest surprise of all my little sister got engaged!! I can't even put into words the excitement I feel for this news. Her and her boyfriend have been dating for nearly seven years and while they both have been asked several times (A LOT OF TIMES) when they were going to get engaged they stayed true to themselves and did it on their own time. More about my little sister and my relationship in an upcoming post. But for now.. this girl inspires me to be a better person, mom, daughter, wife, and sister. Her hard work and dedication is what we wish for our family and I could not be more proud of her. 

We've had  busy few weeks but the happiness meter has been off the charts. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...