Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Birth Story


A funny thing happens when you become a parent; you learn that your decisions no longer affect just you. As a mom of four I have experienced this several times over; each pregnancy different from the last, different decisions being made at different times.

With my first daughter being breach a c-section was scheduled each birth after that also resulted in a c-section. I’ve never really worried or felt as though I haven’t been able to experience the “joy” of childbirth. I can tell you each time my child was born and held up for me to see that “joy” was there and was like nothing I had ever experienced.

I share this story because I was fortunate enough to be present when my wonderful friend gave birth to her first child. Her hope was to give birth to her daughter with out the need of a c-section. Everything looked great for her delivery – induction scheduled for a Monday evening with the hopes of her baby girl being born sometime Tuesday afternoon. I arrived at the hospital around 7am Tuesday morning and I was overwhelmed with excitement for my friend. The rest of the story is told in the photos below....









7 am - time to start the Pitocin







Mama Trying to get some rest after her epidural 




4 pm contractions are getting stronger and we are at 9 cm






Almost time to push -time to get camera ready



 





Everyone looking on as we wait for the Doctor


5:08 pm - 10 cm Doctor arrives and it's time to push




Mama watching the monitor 


7:30 pm a tough decision was made to move forward with a Cesarean 




8:52 pm - Welcome to the world baby Kennedy - we've been waiting

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Potty Training ~ The 3 day method

It seems impossible to say but I think we did it - the girls are officially potty trained! Potty training them has been on my mind for the l...